MatchFIT is a talent acquisition firm which conducts online assessments on behalf of organizations that are seeking to screen and/or hire employees. As part of MatchFIT’s services, it acts as a Data Processor and Processes Personal Data in accordance with the written instructions of its clients, the Data Controllers. You (the individual completing the online assessment and providing your Personal Data in connection therewith) are the Data Subject and this Privacy Notice sets out important information as to who will have access to your Personal Data, what it may be used for, and your rights regarding the same.
1.1. Data Controller – The person, company or organization set out in Schedule 1.1.
1.2. Data Subject – The persons providing Personal Data as part of the online assessment process.
1.3. MatchFIT – MatchFIT, LLC and subsidiary entities controlled by it.
1.4. Personal Data – Data which relates to an individual who can be identified from such data, or from such data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the Data Controller.
1.5. Processing – Any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, erasure or destruction. Process and Processed shall be construed accordingly.
2. Identity of Data Controller and Data Protection Officer. The identity and contact details of the Data Controller of your Personal Data are set out in Schedule 1.1 below, together with the contact details of the Data Controller’s Data Protection Officer, if any.
3. Categories of Personal Data Processed. On behalf of the Data Controller, MatchFIT may Process the following categories of your Personal Data: first and last name; mailing address; e-mail address; biographical data; responses to questions in online assessment(s); results of assessment(s); and further data which may be provided by the Data Controller (including, for example, job performance data or length of service). MatchFIT also Processes automatically-gathered information, as described in its Cookies Notice.
4. Purposes of Processing Personal Data.
4.1. The Data Controller may use your Personal Data for its human resources purposes, namely as part of its pre-contractual processing prior to appointment or assessment of existing employees for promotion or development.
4.2. MatchFIT, acting on the instructions of the Data Controller, may use your Personal Data to provide human resources services to the Data Controller. MatchFIT may also use your Personal Data to assist the Data Controller in the use and understanding of any MatchFIT assessment tool and, if necessary, in IT system fault finding.
4.3. MatchFIT may use your Personal Data to improve the quality of its services through its continued research and validation of the models and theories upon which its assessment(s) are built. Please note that, when possible, MatchFIT will do this using only aggregated, non-personally identifiable data.
5. Legitimate Grounds for Processing Personal Data. MatchFIT processes your Personal Data to perform its contractual obligations towards the Data Controller, MatchFIT’s customer. MatchFIT does this based on your explicit consent to do so. If you do not wish to submit your Personal Data, you cannot utilize MatchFIT’s services. By either (i) not logging in, and therefore not gaining access to any online assessment(s), or (ii) not submitting your Personal Data at the end of an online assessment, MatchFIT cannot deliver the results of such assessment to the Data Controller.
6. Recipients of Personal Data. The potential recipients of your Personal Data include: (i) the Data Controller; and (ii) MatchFIT, its agents, associates, and other trusted third parties that are involved in the Processing of your Personal Data, where required due to the nature and territorial scope of MatchFIT’s contract with the Data Controller.
7. Rights of Data Subject. You, as a Data Subject, have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data and the Processing of the same.
7.1. Where EU Law applies, you have the right to request access to your Personal Data, to have your Personal Data corrected, restricted or deleted, and to object to MatchFIT’s processing of your Personal Data. You also have the right of data portability, which means that you can request that MatchFIT provide you (or a third party you designate) with a transferable copy of Personal Data that you have provided to MatchFIT. Your rights may be subject to various limitations under the GDPR. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about MatchFIT’s processing of your Personal Data, please contact MatchFIT in writing using the information listed in Paragraph 13, below.
7.2. Where Non-EU Laws apply, your rights will be in accordance with such laws.
8. Right to Lodge Complaint with Supervisory Authority. You have the right to file a complaint concerning MatchFIT’s processing of your Personal Data with your national (or in some countries, regional) data protection authority.
9. No Requirement to Provide any Personal Data. Persons completing an online assessment are under no statutory or contractual requirement or other obligation or provide Personal Data to MatchFIT; rather, providing your Personal Data to MatchFIT in connection with an online assessment is voluntary. However, a refusal to provide such Personal Data means that you will be unable to participate further in the online assessment and may be unable to participate in a selection or development program operated by the Data Controller.
10. Transfer of Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). MatchFIT’s primary offices are based in the USA and that’s where MatchFIT Processes Personal Data collected through its online assessments. When you provide Personal Data to MatchFIT, it requests your consent to transfer that Personal Data to the USA. The USA does not have an adequacy decision from the European Commission, which means that the Commission has not determined that the laws of the USA provide adequate protection for Personal Data. Although the laws of the USA do not provide legal protection that is equivalent to EU data protection laws, MatchFIT safeguards your Personal Data by treating it in accordance with this Privacy Notice. MatchFIT takes appropriate steps to protect your privacy and implements reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Data in storage. MatchFIT uses secure transmission methods to collect Personal Data.
11. Retention Period for Personal Data. How long MatchFIT retains Personal Data varies according to the type of information in question and the purpose for which it is used. MatchFIT deletes Personal Data within a reasonable period after MatchFIT no longer need to use it for the purpose for which it was collected (or for any subsequent purpose that is compatible with the original purpose). This does not affect your right to request that MatchFIT delete your Personal Data before the end of its retention period. MatchFIT may archive Personal Data for a certain period prior to its final deletion, as part of MatchFIT’s ordinary business continuity procedures.
12. Changes to Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. You can find the current version on MatchFIT’s website, located at thematchfit.com. MatchFIT will not make substantial changes to this Privacy Notice or reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without providing you with a notice of the same.
13. How to Contact MatchFIT. To contact MatchFIT for any reason related to this Privacy Notice, including, for example, in the event you wish to exercise any of your rights as a Data Subject, please utilize the following contact information:
Attention: Privacy Management
Name: Jillian Miles
Mailing Address: PO Box 1014, Decatur, AL 35602
Telephone Number: 256-227-9075